Monday, February 15, 2010

Nick Loves His Roku

There's nothing like that new blog smell, is there? I've had a Roku for a year and now that Roku has added a slew of new channels I thought it would be a good idea to start a blog where I post what I've been watching. Back when Netflix was the only option there wasn't much point as it was fairly easy to find new streaming titles. With the new channels it's a bit difficult to find and figure out what's worth watching.

This won't be a generalist blog, I'll only be posting what I've watched, so if you have tastes like mine you might find this blog interesting. If not? Well maybe it'll help you enjoy the Roku anyway. I'm not a media professional, I don't have any insider perspective and I'm not even that smart. So don't expect hot gossip or scintillating and prosaic reviews.

I hope Roku is fine with my use of Roku in the title, if not expect the title to change to "Nick Loves Hisro Ku!" or "OMG, Really?". But we'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it. You'll notice that I've larded up the sidebar with ads, and the actual first post is a privacy policy about those ads. Sorry about that, but if I'm going to spend time writing I need to offset the time with a possibility of recompense. I should probably also add that I hold a whopping 15 shares of Netflix stock.

Anyway, I feel like I've prepared the ground for the blog, so get prepared for a glimpse of my exciting, media rich, lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment